The franchising community is facing unprecedented change with a recent decision from the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). In July 2014, the NLRB’s Division of Advice announced that a franchisor could be designated as a joint employer of its franchisees employees. That seemingly simple declaration could alter the franchise model as it is known today.
Uncertainty in Franchising: How the NLRB Could Change the Industry is our new eBook that provides an insight on the NLRB’s ruling, it’s potential effects on the franchising industry, as well as resources for taking action.
Impact of the NLRB Ruling
For those of you who are not yet well informed with the NLRB’s ruling, here are some of the major impacts it’ll have on the franchise industry:
- Franchisors and franchisees will face increased fees and costs
- Franchisors are open to new lawsuits
- Franchisees will no longer be in charge of their hiring
- New growth-stiffing increases to the maximum wage
- The Affordable Care Act will come into effect in new, damaging ways.
- Franchise growth may be killed
- Franchise locations will close
- American jobs will be lost
By reading our eBook, you’ll be able to gain a better understanding of:
- What is the National Labor Relations Board Joint Employer Ruling?
- The potential impact of the NLRB.
- Plus a complete toolkit for defending the franchise community!