"Hey man, did you upgrade your iPhone with iOS8 yet?"
That seems to be the number one question being thrown around by "iPhone hipsters" today as Apple releases their latest operating system for their mobile devices.
Upgrades are typically pleasant. I mean, who wouldn’t want a better version of…well anything? Having the best of version of things tends to be the most desirable tech need for people nowadays, especially if you’re trying to keep up with Joneses (better referred to as the “Carters” today or “Kardashians” if you’re into that kind of…thing).
Anyways, staying on top of technology improvements is essential, especially if you're using tech for your profession. It gives you an easy competitive advantage and keeps your head above water when it comes to learning new social trends. For those of you in the hiring and recruiting profession, this applies to you.
Hiring software is a vital tool used by most professionals in the hiring business, and just like the majority of software products, it’s nearly useless if it’s outdated. Therefore, it’s important to stay ahead of the game and make sure that you’re using hiring software that not only works, but is also highly functional for both operators and users.
10 signs it’s time for an upgrade
If you find yourself scratching your head when trying to use and/or fix your software, then it’s probably time for a change. Here are some signs that will tell you that it’s time to upgrade your hiring software:
- You’re low on applicants
- Can’t delete older job postings
- Having trouble adding new job postings
- Applicants can’t upload resumes, cover letters, etc.
- Emails aren’t being sent properly
- Applicants are receiving unwanted/irrelevant email responses
- Problems getting background checks and security information
- Can’t post positions to desired job boards
- Difficulties saving interview notes and scorecards
- It doesn’t work and gives you too many headaches!
Need additional help upgrading your recruiting method? No sweat! Just download our complimentary eBook for some easy tips.