As the New Year rolls around, you should expect to be using social media even more in your recruiting efforts, as it will be a main way to attract candidates. Shon Burton explains the many reasons why social media will be a go-to recruiting tool in the new year.
To begin with, job ads are becoming a thing of the past. The idea of posting a job and waiting for candidates to you is becoming obsolete. Instead, the recruiting process is expected to become much more active.
Also, candidates are much more likely now to respond if they are contacted directly. Social media makes this type of communication much easier. Lastly, social media makes it easier for recruiters to find the candidates that they want rather than waiting for resumes to come to them.
To learn more, read the original article here.
As a CEO, part of your job is to make sure that your employees are motivated and are excelling in their area of work. We all know that managing a team is not an easy task. However, there are six simple things that you can do as a CEO to make sure that your team is thriving.
1. Evaluate every legacy
2. Develop the talent that you have
3. Show, don't tell!
4. Get to know your team members
5. Make company growth the biggest priority
6. Show that you're confident in their skills
To learn more about these six tricks, read here.
Bill Kanarick, the chief strategy and marketing officer of Sapient, explains that culture is the most important thing about a company. He has provided a few values that help a to keep company culture strong, even when your company is growing.
Always be open - Being open to feedback will allow your company to improve, and therefore, succeed.
Let people lead - It is important to have several leaders in the workplace. Even more, you should put people in positions that may not be an exact fit. Taking risks could provide a lot of success.
Nurture employees - When you hire the best possible employees, they're going to want more from the company every year. Make sure you're able to give your employees what they want.
Inspire creativity - Creativity is a core value for keeping your culture strong, because you are letting your employees share and try new ideas.
Forge relationships - Instead of giving new hires a handbook for them to learn the company culture, giving them contacts will allow them to create relationships and find their
Learn more about Sapient and their strong company culture here.
Having an inspired group of employees can help to boost the bottom line and increase productivity. Although there are many factors that play a role in increasing productivity, simple employee recognition is the biggest one. Ross McCammon says that praise is a huge part of recognition. He also explains that there are three keys to giving praise.
- Specificity - Think of a specific instance, recall a specific behavior, and describe the effects it had.
- Immediacy - The closer the praise is to the actual behavior, the better.
- Sincerity - Be spontaneous with your compliments. This will seem much more sincere.
For more tips on how to praise your employees, click here!
Recruiting is a very important part of the hiring process. Even more, recruiting is not an easy part of the hiring process. Howard Adamsky has provided four tips to help recruiters improve their process in the upcoming new year.
1. Engagement - Recruiting isn't just finding a resume and matching it with the job opening that you have. You must know exactly what your hiring manager wants. Being engaged in this process and asking questions will allow you to get this information.
2. Tell what and why - Make sure you inform the hiring manager of the way that you work and why you do it this way, so they are able to understand before the recruitment process begins.
3. Understand the business and possibilities - If you understand the business, you will know the type of people who are most successful within this business.
4. Form relationships - If you take the time to get to know the people you work with, it will make the recruitment process much easier.
Click here to see the original article.
After improving your recruiting process for 2014, be sure to download our 2014 hiring calendar so you know exactly who to hire and when!