Job boards can be a great way to source qualified candidates. Not only are sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, CareerBuilder and Craigslist a go-to for job seekers, they typically attract the most qualified candidates as well. Although there is a cost for posting to these job boards, many of our customers find that it is worth it - especially when looking to fill a position in a timely manner.
With prices starting around $25 and leveling out at $400, there are options for every hiring budget. In a society where time is money, these up-front costs can end up saving you thousands of dollars worth of hours spent sourcing down the line.
Plus, who doesn't want their life to be simplified? Job boards are so easy to use - you won't even need help from the office millennial to set it up. Just remember, your open position is going to be alongside hundreds (if not thousands) of others jobs - so it has to stand out! You're going to have to get creative, but hey - a little creativity never hurt anybody. Just put yourself in the shoes of a job seeker and think about what would attract you to a company.
5 Quick Job Board Hiring Tips
5. Pay a little extra to post to a niche job board where you can target specific industries
4. Ensure your career site is organized so the candidate can navigate it easily when coming from a job board.
3. Research shows posting to a job board on Wednesdays results in more candidates
2. Your career site needs to be mobile friendly as 86% of job seekers use their phone to search for jobs
1. Posting to a job board = increase in candidates. Time to get rid of that resume-collecting email address and invest in HR technology
Since you're paying for these posts, you might as well get the most out of them. With a catchy job description you'll see the qualified candidates begin pouring in.
Be sure to download our free guide on writing job descriptions!
Maggie Coffey is the coffee-loving Marketing Intern for Hireology, a web-based selection management platform that provides customized interviews, job profiling, and one-click background checks to help you hire the right person. Start your free trial at www.Hireology.com today!